Most recent appearances in parliament
If this MP has contributed more than once to a debate, only one speech is shown.
- Welfare Dependency—Initiatives to Address (6 Oct 2011)
Question: "Did the Minister decline the opportunity to appear on Back Benchesalongside me and Sue Bradford because—"
- Road User Charges Bill - In Committee (4 Oct 2011)
- Victims of Crime Reform Bill - First Reading (4 Oct 2011)
Speech expand: "I will speak to the Victims of Crime Reform Bill. Labour agrees that victims need to have a greater role in the criminal justice process because there is a lack of visible complaints processes and oversight of victims’ rights, I say to Mr Ashraf Choudhary. ..."
- Criminal Procedure (Reform and Modernisation) Bill - Second Reading (27 Sep 2011)
Speech expand: "I will not make this a long speech, because I think that my Labour colleagues who have spoken before me have covered all that needs to be covered. Labour has always been in favour of streamlining New Zealand’s criminal justice system, but we have objected, ..."
- Sleepover Wages (Settlement) Bill - First Reading (27 Sep 2011)
Speech expand: "I really want to refer back to Te Ururoa Flavell’s speech on the Sleepover Wages (Settlement) Bill. I enjoyed his words; there were words of compassion for those who require the carers and for those who are in the workforce. But I have to ask where the Māor ..."