Member for Whanganui, National Party
Most recent appearances in parliament
If this MP has contributed more than once to a debate, only one speech is shown.
- Video Camera Surveillance (Temporary Measures) Bill - Second Reading (6 Oct 2011)
Speech expand: "I think it is important to note that from time to time in response to courts’ rulings, the Government has to respond, or Parliament has to respond, in respect of law, and must do so through retrospective legislation. Retrospective legislation is a type that ..."
- Third Readings (4 Oct 2011)
Speech expand: "I am pleased to be able to take a short call in the third readings of the legislation from the Criminal Procedure (Reform and Modernisation) Bill. It is legislation has been a long time in coming to the House and has been 10 years in its construction. For 7 ..."
- Prisoners—Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation (28 Sep 2011)
Question: "What progress has the Government made toward its commitment to double the number of prisoners receiving drug and alcohol treatment?"
- Sleepover Wages (Settlement) Bill - First Reading (27 Sep 2011)
Interjection: "And how will you pay for it?"
- Criminal Procedure (Reform and Modernisation) Bill - Second Reading (27 Sep 2011)
Speech expand: "I start by congratulating the Justice and Electoral Committee and those members who engaged fully in respect of the consideration of the Criminal Procedure (Reform and Modernisation) Bill, particularly on the way that there was cross-party debate and ..."