Member for Helensville, National Party
Most recent appearances in parliament
If this MP has contributed more than once to a debate, only one speech is shown.
- Finance, Minister—Confidence (5 Oct 2011)
Answer: "Yes, because despite the global financial crisis, the Canterbury earthquakes, and a very uncertain global environment he has done a great job to put New Zealand on a credible path back to surplus."
- Mine Safety—Prime Minister’s Statements (5 Oct 2011)
Answer: "Yes; and yes."
- Credit Rating Downgrade—Effect on New Zealand Economy (4 Oct 2011)
Answer expand: "Yes, I do. Back in May 2009, when I made that statement, markets were very nervous about lending, and a downgrade could have been damaging. We have just seen Ireland downgraded from AAA to AA+ and their interest rates immediately rose half a percent as a ..."
- Motions - New Zealand Defence Force—Death of Lance Corporal Leon Smith in Afghanistan (28 Sep 2011)
Speech: "I seek leave to move without notice a motion on the death of a New Zealand SAS soldier in Afghanistan earlier today."
- Economy—Government Policies (28 Sep 2011)
Answer expand: "I stand by my full statement, which was made in response to a question about a global double-dip recession and was as follows: “You can’t rule it out, but I think the general feeling from Bill is that while the atmosphere and the mood is very dark in the ..."