Most recent appearances in parliament
If this MP has contributed more than once to a debate, only one speech is shown.
- Valedictory Statements (4 Oct 2011)
Speech expand: "I arrived here in 1990, but before then I worked for the Labour Party. Jim Anderton, who is speaking next, hired me in 1980, when I was almost a 30-year-old. I am now 61; I have got to get out of here. Politics has been my life all of that time—nearly all ..."
- Trade Marks Amendment Bill, Copyright Amendment Bill (No 2) - Third Readings (8 Sep 2011)
Speech expand: "I have listened with intent to the Minister of Customs and his contribution to the debate. It was, as usual, an informative contribution. We were told, in some detail, of the evils of counterfeiting, and the fact that it is not a victimless crime, the fact ..."
- Local Government Borrowing Bill - In Committee (8 Sep 2011)
Speech expand: "I think it is really good to be able to say something nice about the Government, and, in particular, about the ACT Party. It is a rare event. I think this Local Government Borrowing Bill is a mighty fine idea, and I would like to congratulate the Minister in ..."
- Trade Marks (International Treaties and Enforcement) Amendment Bill - In Committee (6 Sep 2011)
Speech expand: "I would like to acknowledge the accuracy of the remarks of the Minister of Commerce but regret they were not delivered with more passion. The main challenge facing the Committee this evening is to not fall asleep. ..."
- Policing (Storage of Youth Identifying Particulars) Amendment Bill - First Reading (18 Aug 2011)