List member, Labour Party
Most recent appearances in parliament
If this MP has contributed more than once to a debate, only one speech is shown.
- Criminal Procedure (Reform and Modernisation) Bill - In Committee (29 Sep 2011)
Speech expand: "Also as a non-lawyer, I must say I have found this debate very interesting. Like Chris Hipkins I have been following the public debate as this Criminal Procedure (Reform and Modernisation) Bill has progressed, and observed the negotiations with a great deal ..."
- Employment Relations (Secret Ballot for Strikes) Amendment Bill - In Committee (28 Sep 2011)
Speech: "I first came across the Hon Tau Henare in the late 1980s when he was an organiser with the Clerical Workers Union and I was an organiser with the Service and Food Workers Union. We jointly addressed—"
- Urgent Debates - Rugby World Cup—Extension to Queens Wharf Fanzone (15 Sep 2011)
Speech expand: "I agree with one or two things in the speech made by the member for Auckland Central—amazingly, I do. She is right that some really exciting things are happening in Auckland. But you know what? Most of them were begun by the last Labour Government. The ..."
- Local Government Borrowing Bill, Local Government (Auckland Council) Amendment Bill (No 2) - Third Readings (14 Sep 2011)
Speech expand: "Labour supports this legislation; we have done so throughout its entire passage through the House. I reiterate our congratulations to the Minister of Local Government, which were expressed during the Committee stage, on the work that has been done in ..."
- Spending Cap (People’s Veto) Bill - First Reading (14 Sep 2011)
Speech expand: "Normal transmission has been resumed in this House. I found it deeply unsettling in the last debate to hear one Labour speaker after another get up and give praise to Rodney Hide. It was very, very unsettling and concerning to a Labour member of Parliament to ..."