Member for Tamaki Makaurau, Māori Party
Most recent appearances in parliament
If this MP has contributed more than once to a debate, only one speech is shown.
- Motions - New Zealand Defence Force—Death of Corporal Doug Grant in Afghanistan (6 Sep 2011)
Speech expand: "Tēnā koe, Mr Speaker, mō te Pāti Māori. In te Ao Māori the pursuit of kotahitanga—to travel as one—is a quality much admired. Mā te kotahitanga e whai kaha ai tātou—in unity we have strength. In making the ultimate sacrifice for his people and ..."
- Motions - Norway—Bombing and Mass Shooting (2 Aug 2011)
Speech expand: "Tēnā koe e Mr Speaker. Today marks another occasion in the life of this forty-ninth Parliament when we stand shoulder to shoulder to share the collective grief at the loss of life on such an immense scale. The massacre on the island in Oslo unfolded on 22 ..."
- Māori Affairs, Minister—Statements (13 Jul 2011)
- Budget Statement - Budget Debate (19 May 2011)
Speech expand: "Tēnā koe, Mr Speaker. Tēnā tātou e te Whare nei. The much anticipated “zero Budget” was always going to be difficult for the Māori Party. Our relationship and confidence and supply agreement with National binds us to support Budget measures that we ..."
- Marine and Coastal Area (Takutai Moana) Bill - Third Reading (24 Mar 2011)
Speech expand: "Tēnā koe, e te Mana Whakahaere o tō tātou Whare. Mihi au ki ngā mema Pāremata i koneki tae noa ki a koutou ngā mana, ngā reo kua tae mai ki te whakanui i tō tātou rā. Tēnā koutou, nau mai, whakapiri mai. E tika ana hoki kia mihi atu ki a rātou ..."