Most recent appearances in parliament
If this MP has contributed more than once to a debate, only one speech is shown.
- Crown Entities Reform Bill - First Reading (4 Oct 2011)
Speech expand: "That was a tragic attempt at a valedictory, and I am very disappointed that the member Kanwaljit Singh Bakshi chose to talk about an increase in police in some parts of the country when the Crown Entities Reform Bill is about destroying the lives and careers ..."
- Spending Cap (People’s Veto) Bill - First Reading (14 Sep 2011)
Speech expand: "The member who has just resumed her seat, Amy Adams, is generally not a member whom we would accuse of letting us die wondering what her opinion was on an issue. She is a woman who has different politics than me but who has very strongly held principles and ..."
- Local Government Borrowing Bill, Local Government (Auckland Council) Amendment Bill (No 2) - Third Readings (14 Sep 2011)
Speech expand: "Like my colleague Phil Twyford, I am pleased that Labour is able to support this legislation in its third and final reading. I have some anxiety after hearing the member Nicky Wagner, who has just resumed her seat. She is from Canterbury. Despite hearing the ..."
- Conservation, Department—Minister’s Support of Vision Statement (8 Sep 2011)
Question: "Does she support the vision statement of the Department of Conservation which states “Conservation work is an investment in New Zealand’s prosperity because our environment plays a central role in our health and well-being, and wealth”?"
- Local Government Borrowing Bill - Second Reading (6 Sep 2011)
Speech expand: "It gives me a lot of pleasure to speak in support of the Local Government Borrowing Bill. It is quite a rare opportunity to support something that has been introduced by the Minister of Local Government, the Hon Rodney Hide, as an ACT member of Parliament. ..."