Member for North Shore, National Party
Most recent appearances in parliament
If this MP has contributed more than once to a debate, only one speech is shown.
- Valedictory Statements (5 Oct 2011)
Speech expand: "Fifteen years ago, following the formation of the first National-led coalition under MMP, three members of Parliament were invited by Ngāti Hine to Ōtīria Marae. Each member was presented with a gift. Two of the gifts were weapons of war; one was a waka ..."
- Crown Entities Reform Bill - First Reading (4 Oct 2011)
- Video Camera Surveillance (Temporary Measures) Bill - First Reading (27 Sep 2011)
Speech expand: "I open my remarks by noting that the Video Camera Surveillance (Temporary Measures) Bill proposed will not actually affect the parties in the Supreme Court case. They will—all of them—have the fruit of the result. But the Supreme Court decision raised ..."
- Taxation (Annual Rates, Returns Filing, and Remedial Matters) Bill - First Reading (27 Sep 2011)
Interjection: "10 minutes, surely, Shane."
- Afghanistan, Bamian Provincial Reconstruction Team Base—United States Personnel (6 Sep 2011)
Answer expand: "I am well aware of the presence of the United States personnel at the provincial reconstruction team base in Bamian as, in fact, I have seen some of them at the base on the two occasions on which I have visited. As Mr Vernon Small noted in the Dominion ..."